Friday, July 23, 2010

Well hello Mother Nature!

Fun fact about me:  I'm a bit of a photography buff.  For as long as I can remember I've always loved taking pictures.  People shots, action shots, still shots...you name it, I'll shoot it.  A 'professional' I'm most certainly not, but I've been told that I'm quite talented with a camera.

Lately my camera and I have been venturing out to Lake Katherine in Palos Heights, Illinois.  Lake Katherine is a man-made nature preserve with waterfalls, botanical gardens, walking trails, wildflowers, and of course, a lake.  The preserve is also home to a number of birds, ducks, geese, fish and various other critters.  I always go snap happy when I'm there!  Here's a few shots from a recent trip to the lake.

Enjoy!
~Jean



















3 comments:

  1. Your photos are gorgeous! It looks like a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are great! Lots of clever angles and views, not the same old boring "nature" photos. Love the duck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures...I especially like last one of the red flower.

    I'm having a blog party to celebrate reaching 100 Followers at Scribbleprins. I wanted to thank you for following and invite you to stop by. There's giveaways and games and other fun stuff!

    http://scribbleprints.blogspot.com/2010/10/101-followers-party-time-to-celebrate.html

    ReplyDelete