Wednesday, December 17, 2008
1. "Fab Finds." The title says it all! The site's 'mommy' reviewers search out some of the best deals out there on the hottest fashions, nursery decor and gifts, and electronics, just to name a few. I think it's safe to say that if it's fab, they'll find it!
2. "Recalls." This feature lists recently recalled items due to safety concerns. Contact information for the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and, in some instances details on a specific store, are also listed. Check out this page before purchasing that toy your little one's been asking for.
3. "Featured Recipes." As a mom, I'm always on the lookout for new recipes that hold my kids' interest at mealtime. Here you will find everything from quick-fix suppers to decadent desserts to holiday-specific treats. At the time of this post, Easy Mochaccino Cupcakes adorn the home page and were looking so yummy I was almost tempted to lick my monitor. Almost. :)
4. "Reviews." I don't know how they did it, but Mom Fuse found some of the best mommy reviewers around. These incredible ladies review a vast array of products such as books, clothing, toys, and video games. I found the reviews to be helpful and informative....these mommies definitely know what they're talking about!
5. "Just For Kids." This is a really fun feature for the little ones. There's crafts and recipes that will turn any youngster into a budding artist or chef. I even found a great article on this page on organic food choices for baby and toddler from Plum Organics.
6. "Pregnancy." OK, I have no intention of getting pregnant again ever, but if I did, this is one page I'd put at the top of my bookmarked list. Geared toward pampering the mom-to-be, this feature's only writer (as far as I can tell), Nicole Ibarrando, offers up some innovative finds. My favorite: Utterly Yours Pregnancy Pillow. If only I had known about this pillow when I was pregnant!
7. "Beauty." I'm sure any Mom would agree, it's a little hard to feel even remotely beautiful when there's a glob of baby spit-up in your hair or a toddler's chocolate handprint on your cheek. The writers at Mom Fuse found some lovely little products to help keep you looking and feeling beautiful while enduring the messes that go along with having little ones.
I have only touched on the many wonderful features this site has to offer Moms. There's also contests and tips on money and parenting. There's even a spot for mompreneuers to promote their business, and Mom Fuse has advertising opportunities which are an inexpensive way to get your business seen by a vast audience (the site receives 600-1000 visitors per day and averages 6000+ unique visitors per month).
You really need to see for yourself why this is the only site you'll ever need when looking for mom-related resources. I could sing the praises of Mom Fuse all day long for a week straight. Seriously, the site is that good.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
White and Cream Chiffon with Crochet and Lace Shawl
The olive green paisley side of this 80" shawl is 100% silk. The other is a combination of fine cotton with a rayon leaf print insert. Gorgeous 6" silky trim in black. Cecilia says this shawl is "great for redheads and anybody else who loves those warm earthy greens." Measures about 18" wide.
Olive Green and Black Silk/Rayon Shawl
Last, but by no means least, is this stunning shawl featuring an overall red tiny-flowered pattern on front and back in vintage chiffon. This shawl is quite wide. It can be folded in half lengthwise (as can any of Cecilia's shawls) to make a narrow wrap across the back, then drape and let it open out at the hems. Bright red and silky fringe completes this wrap. Cecilia says this shawl is "more fun than elegant."
Red Millefleur Chiffon Shawl with Red Fringe
For more information, including pricing, on these and all of Cecilia's beautifully handcrafted shawls, please visit her online shop at http://silverstuff182.etsy.com.
I would like to extend a special thank you to Cecilia for allowing me to showcase her luxurious shawls.