So one day I'm tweeting away on www.twitter.com and happen upon a tweet from the owner/creator of www.momfuse.com looking for someone to review their site. Having only quickly scanned the site in the past, I decided it looked interesting enough to take on the task of writing a review. After "researching" the site for a few weeks, a/k/a perusing all its helpful, informative features, I must say that this is one of the best sites for Moms that I have seen on the web. Their tagline is "for moms. by moms." and they couldn't have described their site any better. Moms everywhere will find useful information on everything from recipes to crafting to beauty tips. I will opine briefly on some of my favorite categories the site has to offer, but this list is in no way meant to be exhaustive as this site offers ALOT! And I do mean ALOT!
1. "Fab Finds." The title says it all! The site's 'mommy' reviewers search out some of the best deals out there on the hottest fashions, nursery decor and gifts, and electronics, just to name a few. I think it's safe to say that if it's fab, they'll find it!
2. "Recalls." This feature lists recently recalled items due to safety concerns. Contact information for the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and, in some instances details on a specific store, are also listed. Check out this page before purchasing that toy your little one's been asking for.
3. "Featured Recipes." As a mom, I'm always on the lookout for new recipes that hold my kids' interest at mealtime. Here you will find everything from quick-fix suppers to decadent desserts to holiday-specific treats. At the time of this post, Easy Mochaccino Cupcakes adorn the home page and were looking so yummy I was almost tempted to lick my monitor. Almost. :)
4. "Reviews." I don't know how they did it, but Mom Fuse found some of the best mommy reviewers around. These incredible ladies review a vast array of products such as books, clothing, toys, and video games. I found the reviews to be helpful and informative....these mommies definitely know what they're talking about!
5. "Just For Kids." This is a really fun feature for the little ones. There's crafts and recipes that will turn any youngster into a budding artist or chef. I even found a great article on this page on organic food choices for baby and toddler from Plum Organics.
6. "Pregnancy." OK, I have no intention of getting pregnant again ever, but if I did, this is one page I'd put at the top of my bookmarked list. Geared toward pampering the mom-to-be, this feature's only writer (as far as I can tell), Nicole Ibarrando, offers up some innovative finds. My favorite: Utterly Yours Pregnancy Pillow. If only I had known about this pillow when I was pregnant!
7. "Beauty." I'm sure any Mom would agree, it's a little hard to feel even remotely beautiful when there's a glob of baby spit-up in your hair or a toddler's chocolate handprint on your cheek. The writers at Mom Fuse found some lovely little products to help keep you looking and feeling beautiful while enduring the messes that go along with having little ones.
I have only touched on the many wonderful features this site has to offer Moms. There's also contests and tips on money and parenting. There's even a spot for mompreneuers to promote their business, and Mom Fuse has advertising opportunities which are an inexpensive way to get your business seen by a vast audience (the site receives 600-1000 visitors per day and averages 6000+ unique visitors per month).
You really need to see for yourself why this is the only site you'll ever need when looking for mom-related resources. I could sing the praises of Mom Fuse all day long for a week straight. Seriously, the site is that good.